Madeline Marzano Lesnevich, Of Counsel, Family Law
Madeline Marzano-Lesnevich is currently Of Counsel in the Family Law Department of O’Cathain Law Group.
Madeline has devoted her entire legal profession to the practice of family law, serving to restructure family life for children and for spouses or partners when divorce or separation occurs. Her life experiences provide a perspective and an empathy from which her clients clearly benefit.
She is a Diplomate of the American College of Family Trial Lawyers, one of only six Diplomates, and the first and only female Diplomate in New Jersey. Madeline is a former President of both the New Jersey Chapter and the national organization of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers; a past Chair of the Family Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association; and the recipient of the Tischler Award in recognition of her lifetime achievement in, and dedication to, family law. She is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney.,
Madeline has authored articles and lectured extensively to both the Bench and the Bar, on all areas of family law. She brings that expertise to her clients, and thoroughly enjoys knowing she has helped in the restructuring of their new family dynamic.
Since its inception in 1991, and every year since, Madeline has been named a Super Lawyer, and is rated A.V. by Martindale Hubbell.
On a personal note, Madeline enjoys spending time with her family and especially her grandchildren, travelling, vacationing in Nantucket, baking bread, and exploring the world of plant-based eating.
- US District Court for the District of New Jersey
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- State of New Jersey Courts
- JD, Rutgers Law School, Newark, NJ.
- MA, City University of New York, New York, NY.
- BS, Columbia University School of General Studies, New York, NY
- Chair, Family Law Department, Lesnevich Marzano-Lesnevich, O’Cathain & O’Cathain, LLC
- Diplomate, the American College of Family Law Trial Lawyers
- Past President, the national American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Past President, New Jersey Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Past Chair, Family Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Recipient, NJSBA’s Saul R. Tischler Award for “outstanding lifetime achievement in family law”