Brain Injuries & Concussions
Brain Injury Lawyer Hackensack, NJ
Why You May Want to Consult with a New Jersey Brain Injury Lawyer
The human brain is an absolute marvel, and we take it for granted, as a knowledgeable Hackensack, NJ brain injury lawyer knows well. A recent study found that the average person has more than 6,000 thoughts in a single day. And different parts of the brain have different functions. For example, the part of the brain next to your ears helps you recognize people. The front of our brain controls our speech. The back of our brain controls how we process movement. Think of how you react when you see someone walking down the street who looks familiar! Do you say something? Why not? Do you look again or look away? Did a feeling of embarrassment just get activated by another part of the brain? If you have been in an accident, you may want to contact an experienced lawyer like one from O’Cathain Law Group to receive legal advice.
Every year, science and medicine are making new breakthroughs in understanding what the brain can do. And these breakthroughs are teaching us how vulnerable the brain is – especially when folks suffer concussions in truck crashes and car crashes.
Many injury lawyers only focus on the physical injuries caused in crashes. However, courts are now starting to put fair value on concussions and post-concussion syndrome injuries in lawsuits. That is why it is important to hire a Hackensack brain injury lawyer who has experience litigating cases.
For example, many years ago, a good defense lawyer would have argued, “At the end of the day, the plaintiff only suffered a concussion.” These days, a good plaintiff lawyer will argue, “My client suffered a concussion, now let’s look at how that changed her life.”
How is the brain injured?
The brain sits inside the skull. When the head is hit or suddenly shakes, the brain rattles inside the skull. Some people black out and lose consciousness when this happens, some people do not lose consciousness, and some people don’t know if they lost consciousness. Either way, they can all develop concussion symptoms in the next few days after the injury.
Those symptoms can include the following:
- Tiredness, being extra sleepy or trouble sleeping
- Focus and memory problems
- Ringing in ears
- Noise sensitivity
- Blurry vision
- Light sensitivity
You might not have noticed these symptoms at the time, but now remember how you spent most of the week after the crash in your room with the blinds closed during the day and telling people not to bother you.
Unfortunately, there is no quick fix for concussion and post-concussion syndrome. But it is important to get to a doctor or medical practice that has experience diagnosing and treating patients who sustained a concussion. They can make recommendations to help you cope with the changes in your life.
If you are reading this, you might also be a family member or trusted friend of someone who is suffering from post-concussion syndrome and who has not been the same since the crash. It is important to remember that a concussion is called a mild TBI (traumatic brain injury). In many cases, the symptoms will resolve within three months. However, sometimes they can persist longer than that and can cause severe decline in later years. It is important to discuss having a consultation with a brain injury lawyer so that we can maximize the money that will be available down the road to care for your friend or family member.
Consulting With A New Jersey Brain Injury Lawyer
It will not cost you anything to consult with a New Jersey brain injury lawyer at our law firm. If you hire our firm, we will only get paid if you recover money in a settlement or a jury verdict. You can call or email us now to set up a consultation over the phone, on Zoom, or in person. It can be done in English or in Spanish.
Why Should I Consult with a New Jersey Brain Injury Lawyer?
You’re going to need help to Move Forward and live with a brain injury. A brain injury is potentially life-changing – it can change the way you behave, how you talk to your kids, your ability to function around other people, how you used to do your job, and how you will pay for the future.
Call (201) 488-1161, fill out the intake form, or email a dedicated Personal Injury paralegal to speak with a Hackensack brain injury lawyer at O’Cathain Law Group.
The Importance Of Engaging A Brain Injury Lawyer For
Long-Term Brain Damage Cases
A trusted Hackensack, NJ brain injury lawyer knows that suffering from long-term brain damage can be a life-altering experience, impacting physical, cognitive, and emotional well-being. In such cases, it is crucial to seek legal assistance from a lawyer from O’Cathain Law Group who specializes in advocating for the rights of individuals with brain injuries. This article explores the reasons why working with a brain injury lawyer is essential for those facing the challenges of long-term brain damage.
- Expertise in Brain Injury Law: Brain injury lawyers possess specialized knowledge and expertise in the complex legal aspects surrounding brain damage cases. They understand the medical intricacies and long-term consequences associated with these injuries. With their experience, they can effectively navigate the legal system, interpret medical records, gather evidence, and build a strong case on behalf of their clients. Their familiarity with brain injury law allows them to pursue the maximum compensation that individuals with long-term brain damage deserve.
- Assessing the Full Extent of Damages: A Hackensack brain injury lawyer has the necessary skills to assess the full extent of damages caused by long-term brain damage. They work closely with medical professionals, neuropsychologists, and rehabilitation specialists to evaluate the physical, cognitive, emotional, and financial consequences of the injury. By conducting a comprehensive assessment, they can determine the long-term care, therapy, and support required for their clients. This enables them to calculate the appropriate compensation needed to cover medical expenses, lost wages, future care needs, rehabilitation costs, and pain and suffering.
- Building a Compelling Case: Brain injury cases require a meticulous approach to build a compelling legal argument. Your lawyer can collect and analyze relevant evidence, including medical records, expert opinions, witness testimonies, and accident reports. They employ their knowledge and experience to construct a strong case that demonstrates the liability of the responsible party, whether it be an individual, corporation, or institution. By presenting a well-supported argument, brain injury lawyers increase the likelihood of obtaining a favorable outcome for their clients.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: Dealing with insurance companies can be daunting, especially when seeking fair compensation for long-term brain damage. Brain injury lawyers are skilled negotiators who understand the tactics used by insurance adjusters to minimize payouts. They can advocate on behalf of their clients, ensuring that their rights are protected and that they receive the compensation they deserve. Lawyers with experience in brain injury cases have a track record of successfully negotiating with insurance companies, maximizing the likelihood of achieving a fair settlement.
- Providing Emotional Support: In addition to legal expertise, brain injury lawyers offer invaluable emotional support to individuals and their families. They understand the emotional toll that long-term brain damage can have on their clients and provide a compassionate and empathetic approach. By fostering a supportive attorney-client relationship, brain injury lawyers can help alleviate the stress and anxiety associated with legal proceedings, allowing individuals and their families to focus on recovery and rehabilitation.
Working with a brain injury lawyer is essential when facing the challenges of long-term brain damage. Their expertise in brain injury law, ability to assess damages, skills in building a compelling case, negotiation prowess, and emotional support can significantly enhance the chances of securing fair compensation and justice for individuals affected by brain injuries. Reach out to O’Cathain Law Group to speak with our trusted Hackensack brain injury lawyer now.